Visual artist Johann Zelenin invites you to his "Charcoal, Graphite or Watercolor Techniques Workshop" at his beautiful, spacious 120m2 apartment on the second floor with 2 balconies, in a beautiful old Berlin-style house where he has two rooms exclusively for painting and for charcoal materials.
His workshop s is divided into the following 5 parts:
Part 1 - 15 min:
- Warm welcome from Johann, opening speech about his creative journey, and what inspired him to leave architecture and do art full-time.
- Introduction to his skills in different graphic techniques: Charcoal, Graphite, Watercolor.
- Presentation of his latest paintings to get some inspiration for your own artwork.
Part 2 - 30 min:
- Mini master class where artist Johann draws in one of the techniques and tells you each step, "What and why am I doing?" in order to teach you how to draw as well.
Part 3 - 15min:
- Johann makes coffee or tea for you and offers to choose any image from the one he suggested or at your own choice.
- After you made your choice, you drink coffee with goodies in an informal setting and sit down at your drawing place.
Part 4 - 1.5hours:
- You make the first lines, while Johann does not interfere with you and waits for your questions.
- After some time, he begins to give advice and shows you in your work what can be corrected.
- Johann gives advice, or shows it himself by drawing in your picture.
Part 5 - 30min:
- You discuss the pictures with Johann and look at what the others have painted.
- Johann provides you with snacks (also vegan) and drinks in order to relax after your hard work on the drawings.
- There will be time and room for all of your questions.
At the end of the workshop Johann helps you with a taxi or public transport to guarantee that you come back safely to your home.
Johann’s goal of the "Charcoal, Graphite or Watercolor Techniques Workshop" is to show all the possibilities of the various techniques, to tell in such detail that you fall in love with these media and admire the surprises and life hacks.
Johann knows these three techniques very good, and he can say this without a twinge of conscience, since he is a multiple winner in the California ASAI graphic competition, and his drawings and watercolors are stored in the Tchoban Foundation museum of architectural graphics in Berlin at Christinienstraße 19.
Johann is glad to share his abilities with you. He is open for kids workshops, too.
Length of workshop: 3 hours
Number of people: 1 - 6 people
Location: At the artist Johann’s beautiful home, located in the very center of Berlin, 15 minutes walk from the main station of the city, and 25 minutes walk from the Reichstag. Near parks and cafés.
Price per person: € 70; includes all painting material, meat and fish snacks, vegan salads, coffee and drinks.
Minimum advance booking time: 2 days
Next workshop dates: Every Saturday and Sunday, 10h or 15h
About the artist:
Berlin-based artist and architect Johann Zelenin graduated from the Academy of Arts in St. Petersburg, Department of Architecture. He uses a mixture of pencil drawing and charcoal, traditional illustration and a range of watercolor techniques.
"For me, the most powerful works of art are visual works. Moments in which viewers find their own meaning regardless of intentions", says Johann.