The moated castle in Renaissance style with an English landscape park and extensive outer castle is one of the last facilities in the Ruhr region that is still privately owned. The castle has been used as a family residence since 1302. The farm buildings were used for agriculture for centuries. Changes in the agricultural structure have also left their mark here. Buildings no longer needed for agricultural operations have been converted into residential and commercial space over the past 25 years. The outer castle and a large part of the park serve as recreational space for the residents and, like the castle, are only very rarely open to the public.This content has been machine translated.